January 1, 2022 Rate Increases
On 10/25/21 the Commissioners passed resolution 2021-16 monthly water & sewer rates and 2015-17 miscellaneous fees & charges. The new rates and fee schedules can be found on the District web site.
The breakdown of the $26.15 increase per equivalent residential unit (ERU).
- $5.00 water ERU base charge
- $2.00 sewer ERU charge
- $4.15 state taxes
- $15.00 sewer capital reimbursement fee
$95.00 single family min charge in 2021
$121.15 single family min charge in 2022
- Equivalent Residential Unit (ERU) – the average flow
- ERU is 300 cu ft per month
- Sewer Capital Reimbursement Fee is to make the USDA loan payment on the new wastewater plant phase 1 system.
- The District currently serves 692 customers
- There are currently 100 single family homes, 9 multifamily, and 2 commercial accounts that have paid to connect but have yet to build.
- There are approx.. 265 lots that have access to water/sewer but yet to purchase a connection.
- The growth rate is 27% over the past 6 years
The District will have a public hearing in the first quarter of 2022 to discuss the connection fee increases that are needed.
Please contact the office at 425.434.6600 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.